Notes from RussianTourGuide.com American Director
As a student of European history, and an Air Force pilot during the Cold War, I have always been fascinated with Russia and her rich history. When I finally visited St. Petersburg for the first time, I knew I was destined to return many times.
Planning for my first Russian visit was very time consuming. Hotels were especially difficult to arrange. Upon arriving in St. Petersburg here are things I discovered:
- The hotel was absolutely nothing like I was led to believe.
- If I needed train or event tickets, I had to wait with my guide while she purchased them. I lost valuable time.
- No one knew the things I wanted to do nor the events I wanted to attend.
- Some events were sold out by the time I arrived.
After my experience, I knew there had to be a better way. With the help of Russian colleagues, I decided to put together a very personalized and unique Russia tour service for people like you who want to go on a real tour of Moscow or St. Petersburg and not waste time and money.
During my first visit I discovered how charming and professional my private guides in St. Petersburg were.
That first experience with a personal St. Petersburg guide has spoiled me for all future travel. Now everywhere I go, I wish I had the personal service and helpful advice that I have experienced with Anna and Andrei, our St. Petersburg guides, Sveta and Oleg and the other private tour guides in Moscow. The service was so exceptional and the memories so vivid, I came home and began to experiment with the idea of providing all of the services I wish I had received plus the outstanding guide service I did receive. From this, RussianTourGuide.com was born.
In the last 9 years we have added exciting new excursions. They include:
- Full tour of the sites related to the Siege of Leningrad.
- Dinner in a Russian home
- Tour of Moscow, the Golden Ring and St. Petersburg.
- Russian Village tour.
- Stalin’s Bunker.
- Monino Air Base in Moscow – All of the aircraft of the Soviet Union
- Jewish St. Petersburg, the YESOD, Jewish Community Center
- Jewish Moscow tour.
- Special small “group” tours for cruise ship passengers in St. Petersburg.
I look forward to helping you plan an exciting and memorable site-seeing vacation to St. Petersburg and Moscow.
My colleagues in Russia are knowledgeable and experienced tour guides who are all English-speaking. I have also developed relationships with some wonderful hotels that are ideally situated and have the same kind of helpful, hospitality that we expect and appreciate.
For those who are time constrained, or not into public transportation, we have private drivers in St. Petersburg and Moscow and cars that are available to elegantly whisk you from one exciting place to another.
A personal tour guide is truly the icing on the cake that can make visiting Russia an effortless joy and an experience to remember.